31 Good Deeds..
A month's worth of good Feelings
- Compliment strangers.
- Help an elderly person to cross the road.
- Plant a tree.
- Visit a homebound person.
- Give directions to a person looking for a certain address.
- Help a busy mother or older person carry groceries.
- Be a good listener to someone who needs it.
- Clean graffiti from a public space.
- Return misplaced belongings.
- Deliver dinner to parents.
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Visit Hungersite and Freerice to donate food at no cost to you.
- Feed the birds - keep some bird seed and water on your windowsill.
- Donate blood.
- Give craft supplies to a day-care centre.
- Pick up litter in a public place.
- Volunteer at an NGO.
- Leave a generous tip for a waiter at a small restaurant.
- Look after someone's child.
- Send a note of support to, or visit, someone who's going through a tough time.
- Donate books to a municipal school.
- Help a neighbour's child with her studies.
- Be a mentor to someone in your field.
- Give up seat for someone else on a bus or a train.
- Encourage another person to do a good deed.
- Phone or visit a senior citizen living alone.
- Pay a needy child's fees.
- Send a box of sweets for a domestic helper's children.
- Write a letter of praise to the supervisor of a public servant doing a good job.
- Give food to the poor person.
- Give a lift to someone.
I was so touched reading this list. I realized that to complete these list, you really don't need a lot of money. some of the things can be done without spending a penny.
I am starting my good deeds from today.. When are you??
Image Courtesy: Good deed